At the Pixelbar hackerspace, we consider the security of our systems a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into system security, there can still be vulnerabilities present. Please be aware that we are a non-commercial foundation and we are depending on volunteers to get stuff done.
The scope of the responsible disclosure will be our public website. If you find something next to our main website, you can still make notice of this but we can not guarantee to have an token of gratitude.
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our clients and our systems.
Please do the following:
- E-mail your findings to email@example.com. Encrypt your findings using our PGP key to prevent this critical information from falling into the wrong hands,
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people’s data,
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved,
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties, and
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report within 10 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date,
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report,
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission,
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem,
- In the public information concerning the problem reported, we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise), and
- As a token of our gratitude for your assistance, we offer a reward for every report of a security problem that was not yet known to us. **The reward for serious issues will be a bottle of “Club Mate” which you can pick up at Pixelbar when visiting.**. Please note, we can not pay any money for responsible disclosures.
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and we would like to play an active role in the ultimate publication on the problem after it is resolved.
Stichting Pixelbar is not required by law to follow specific guidelines on (E-Mail) security. Please understand we do not have a legal requirement to have SPF, DKIM, DMARC, etc.
This responsible disclosure has been last edited on 29-06-2020.